Reply To: plastic shavings under shoulder and motor for joint 22018-08-13T23:52:10+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting plastic shavings under shoulder and motor for joint 2 Reply To: plastic shavings under shoulder and motor for joint 2

duck
Participant

Hello Niryo community,

I would like to just give an update on the resolution of this issue.

I hope that Edouard or someone at Niryo will reply if they have additional insights or if I have made any mistakes in my understanding or explanation.

The problem was related to misalignment of the Arm Bottom and friction between the inner surface of the Arm Top and the Arm Bottom and the GT2 belt associated with Axis 2. The fix involved disassembling the Arm, sanding the inner surface of the Arm Top, replacing the GT2 belt and reassembling the Arm and re-tensioning the belt for Axis 2 by following the YouTube videos in the Assembly Manual.

I am indebted to Edouard and the team at Niryo for providing me valuable support and encouragement through this work.

I have a robot that was assembled in France before April. Edouard told me that they decided to make some modifications to the inner surface of the Arm Top when they revise the STL files so that others won’t experience similar problems (apparently no one else has reported the same issue that I have).

As I noted in my reply today in the thread “Niryo One calibration issues”, I believe that this issue may have been exacerbated by the jostling the assembled robot received during shipment from France.

For reference purposes, here are some photos that I took that show detail of the original issue. If your robot is properly assembled, you should be able to fit a playing card between the surfaces of the Arm Top and Arm Bottom above the stepper motor for Axis 2.

Thank you for your support, Edouard and Marc. Happy roboting everyone!

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  duck.
  • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  duck.