Reply To: Niryo_one Studio remote operation Shutdown Robot should reboot instead2018-10-15T16:32:46+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Niryo_one Studio remote operation Shutdown Robot should reboot instead Reply To: Niryo_one Studio remote operation Shutdown Robot should reboot instead

Edouard Renard
Keymaster

I agree that adding a “Reboot” action could be nice. (I guess you’re talking about Niryo One Studio)

For now, if you want to reboot, you’d have to shutdown the robot, and then power off -> power on manually.

Why we didn’t add this action before is because it can be quite confusing for some people. If they press “reboot” instead of “shutdown” and the LED turns red then they might think they can power off the robot, but no because the robot is just booting. So this could lead to some corruption problems on the microSD card.Just sharing my thoughts here, let me know what you think about that. Maybe we could add a reboot action with a warning on the desktop app. Will add that to the feature backlog and think more about it.