Reply To: Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -30022018-10-24T09:13:17+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -3002 Reply To: Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -3002

Edouard Renard
Keymaster

i am pretty sure it runs V2.

how can i confirm software version?

Yes the hardware version + software version are V2. (all robots shipped after September 2018 are V2). Plus, the robot automatically detects the hardware version when starting, so if versions are not correct, you’ll get a clear error about that.

-3002 indicates checksum error (unlikely) or time-out.

Timeout would be -3001, -3002 means checksum error (see Dynamixel SDK here).

When I disconnect the XL-320

I get this error “Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 6,”

When I disconnect XL-430

I get this error “Failed to scan Dynamixel motors. Make sure that motors are correctly connected and powered on.”

When I disconnect XL-430 and XL-320

I get this error “Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 5, Servo Axis 6,”

There are 2 physical Dynamixel buses :

– One with Axis 4 + Axis 5

– One with Axis 6 (+ optional gripper)

(From the Raspberry Pi shield) If you disconnect them both, you should get “Failed to scan Dynamixel motors. Make sure that motors are correctly connected and powered on.”

If you disconnect only the XL-320 bus, you should get “Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 6,”, and that’s normal since there is only one motor on this physical bus.

If you disconnect only the XL-430 bus, you should get “Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 4, Servo Axis 5,”

This is slightly different to the result you wrote here, could you confirm that again ? I suspect the cabling is faulty. This is not the first time it happens, and we are currently working on that, to make cables and connector more robust.

Also, what is the result you get when you enable only one motor at a time (for each motor: 4, 5, 6) ?