Reply To: Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -30022018-10-25T17:28:19+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -3002 Reply To: Failed to scan Dynamixel motors, Broadcast ping failed , result : -3002

Edouard Renard
Keymaster

Is it possible that the ID was not set correctly on my servo 6?

Yes, in fact that would make sense, I haven’t thought about this. If this is the case, I’m really sorry that you have this problem, this should absolutely not happen from our production. I will make sure everything is triple-checked when we send robots. Also, next software update will contain some additional debug tools for motor connection and Dynamixel motor settings.

Just to be sure: when you plug the motor 6, do you see the LED blink red quickly ? If yes, that means that the motor is correctly powered on, so the issue is certainly the ID. If no, then the motor is just dead, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

I’ll write a quick program to test the ID of the motor and change it if necessary. I’ll send you that on your email address soon (tomorrow or monday), this will be faster than sending a new part. And if this fails, we’ll investigate further.