Forums Niryo One 3D printing 3D Printing Niryo One Using Anycubic I3 Mega

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you my experience as far as it concerns 3d printing Niryo One STL files.

I am almost done printing all the required parts and you can find in this github repo (forked from the original niryo one repo) STL files (original ones, might be edited in the near future) and most importantly g-code files and timelapse videos for each part.

https://github.com/rambodrahmani/niryo_one

As soon as I finish printing the latest PLA parts, I will be working also on a completely PETG printed version on Nyrio.

I am waiting to receive some missing mechanical/electrical components from the BOM and will move on to assemble the PLA parts.

Feel free to get in touch!

duck
    Participant

@rambodrahmani

Thank you for posting your time lapse videos and other materials related to your work to print all the parts for a Niryo One.

I haven’t had any experience printing the major parts for either of the Niryo One robots that I have in my care, but I foresee the potential need to print at least some of these parts in the future, so your post is of much interest to me.

I have a couple of questions:

(1) Could you give us a ball park estimate on how much it has taken your printer to complete each of the major parts? I’m assuming that a part like the base or the tray takes a considerable number of hours.

(2) What infill ratios have you been using? I believe that @wodcleaner mentioned in a post in the Troubleshooting section of the forums HERE that he had initially printed the Arm Bottom using 20% infill and that the part broke due to the pressure of the torsion spring. He apparently re-printed it using 40% infill. I’d be very interested to hear your experiences with issues regarding various parts as you assemble your robot.

Wishing you all the best finishing up the printing and getting your robot assembled and working. Let us know here in the forums how the rest of the members of the community can help you to get over any obstacles that you may encounter.

I will be most interested to hearing about your experiences printing the same parts in PLA vs PETG and hope that you will continue to make posts about your experiences.

rambodrahmani
    Participant

@duck

Hi there!

I tried to assemble the robot for the first time a couple of days. To me, the hardest part was actually finding the mechanical parts. The 3d printing aspect of the process is quite straight forward once you get your printer setup properly.

As far as it concerns you questions:

(1) Could you give us a ball park estimate on how much it has taken your printer to complete each of the major parts? I’m assuming that a part like the base or the tray takes a considerable number of hours.

• Well it all depends on the quality you want from your finished parts. I use CURA to generate the g-codes from the stl files and I just went for the “Fine (0.1mm)” default profile for my printer (AI3M) and these are some of the printing times I experienced:
      • AI3M_AirRouting_x3: 6 h
      • AI3M_Base: 3.5 days
      • AI3M_BaseBearingSupport: 8 h
      • AI3M_Drawer: 23 h
    • However from the assembly videos I noticed that my printed parts have a better quality than the ones shipped by Niryo one.

(2) What infill ratios have you been using? I believe that @wodcleaner mentioned in a post in the Troubleshooting section of the forums HERE that he had initially printed the Arm Bottom using 20% infill and that the part broke due to the pressure of the torsion spring. He apparently re-printed it using 40% infill. I’d be very interested to hear your experiences with issues regarding various parts as you assemble your robot.

• I used 25%. I will be able to tell you more about this when I finish assembling and start using the robot.

Can you help me find the torsion spring?

That is the only missing part before I can start putting all the parts together. 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  rambodrahmani.
    duck
    Participant

@rambodrahmani,

Thank you for sharing more detail about your experiences with 3D printing. I’ll be interested in hearing how the 25% infill holds up, particularly in terms of parts like the Arm Bottom, Arm Top, Forearm Top and Shoulder.

I’m afraid that I don’t have any experience sourcing mechanical parts like the Torsion Spring. You should be able to figure out the approximate dimensions of the spring that you will need by examining the inserts for the spring inside the Shoulder and on the outside of the Arm Bottom. Have you had any luck finding a supplier?

Wishing you all the best in your assembly work and getting your robot working.

thomas
    Keymaster

Hi everyone ,

For print the pieces , the best infill is around 27/30 % . All of the parts was print in PLA .

Best regards

Thomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.