A robot’s aspirations for world peace2018-06-11T22:37:15+00:00

Forums Niryo One Showcase your Niryo One project A robot’s aspirations for world peace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thank you Edouard and the rest of the Niryo team for your support.

Here is a basic demo of operation of the Niryo One robot: a two-minute video showing the robot drop chocolate-covered peanuts from Air Force One into a bucket adorned with DPRK flags.

video [2:40]

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a great video you made here, thanks for sharing !

If I may propose a suggestion to make it even better : you could try to put all the sequences into one sequence so the robot won’t go at “home” position each time, and you can have a complete automated process 🙂

Hope to see more videos like this !

duck
    Participant

Eduoard,

Thank you for your feedback and ideas.

I will think about combining the 4 sequences that make up this demo into a single sequence. One of the reasons that I did not initially is that in order to make minor changes and correct for slight differences in positioning of the arm for pickup and dropping of the objects, it was a lot easier to deal with separate sequences.

Another issue is that Niryo One Studio lacks copy and paste functionality. I have found that I can copy and paste individual commands, but am not able to select multiple commands within a sequence to copy. Sometime moving commands in a sequence can also be a bit challenging.

I think that I should be able to combine each of the current 4 sequences by selecting each of the individuals on the Sequences tab and selecting “Open Sequence in Niryo Blocks”.

I have a number of questions and observations based on my initial experiences with Niryo One Studio. For the time being I will post separately in the “How To” section of the forum three questions that concern your idea of combining the four sequences in this demo into a single sequence.

I would very much appreciate some additional advice and answers to these questions.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback 🙂

Some of the points you are mentioning will be fixed/improved in the next software upgrade (V2.0, planned on July)

One of the big problem for now (V1.1) is that you can’t cancel a sequence, or run a part of it. In the new version (V2.0), you will be able to cancel a sequence, and create separate functions, so you can have all your blocks on the screen and only call a specific part.

About the copy/paste functionality, unfortunately this is not (and this won’t be) possible to copy/paste multiple blocks (technical reasons). But with functions, you will be able to create a bunch of blocks, and then copy the function call, so this is a nice workaround.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.