Connect to simulation mode tutorial2018-08-29T11:13:08+00:00

Forums Niryo One How to… Connect to simulation mode tutorial

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m planning to keep (and share) my experiences with Niryo in the format of some tutorials for newbies (as I am).

If you are interested:

https://gavazzi.us/2018/08/29/niryo-simulation-mode/

best,

Andrea

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for sharing this tutorial !

Tip linked to your tutorial: if you launch Niryo One ROS stack on your Ubuntu laptop, and you also start Niryo One Studio in Ubuntu, you can just use “localhost” as the IP address. So you don’t need to find it on your computer 🙂

Also, we’ve just released the v 2.0.0 software for Niryo One !

If you want to update, note that you will have to update Niryo One Studio, the image inside the Raspberry Pi 3, and all your Niryo Stepper motors (as the v2.0.0 software is not compatible with v1.1.0).

You can download the files from here, and follow this guide to update your robot step by step.

FindingNiryo
    Participant

Great news on release of  v 2.0.0 software for Niryo One.

Could you provide some highlights of changes/features/benefits between 2.0.0 and 1.10?

Maybe break-out individual changes to Niryo One Studio,  Raspberry Pi 3 image, and Niryo Stepper motors.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

We’ve just published a blog post about this hardware upgrade 🙂

This will answer most of your questions, feel free to ask for more details.

tl;dr of the blog post :

Even with the previous hardware version (before September 2018), you still get all the new software upgrades. All you need to do is update the software on Niryo Steppers, RPi image and Niryo One Studio.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.