Forums Niryo One How to… Connect with Pocket NC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys, i have the homework to connect the Niryo one with Pocket NC https://pocketnc.com/.
    the Idea is that to robot will do the following steps.

1)_open the casing of the Pockt
    2)_ put the workpiece indside the Pocket
    3)_ close the casing
    4)_ as soon as the Pockt done, take the piece, tourn aroud and put it in the Box.
    5)_ go to the Pockt and close the casing.

i need your help, wich equipments i need to start?
    Arduino? Pi? and and?
    and how is the best way to connect, you konw. the robot should know, when the Pockt NC done, so he can open the Casing and take the piece.

thank you very much.

Betegustaf
    Participant

Hi! this could be a big project, I’ve never worked with Pocket NC tools but i guess there are a lot of solutions for this, here are some of my ideas but as I said I don’t know exactly how pocketNc works;
    1) on PocketNC at first sight it looks like you have only outputs/inputs through USB, so, if you can get a signal at the end of your pocketnc programm and receive it on an Arduino (USB serial for example), you should be able to then send a GPIO signal (easier) to the Niryo arm. So the programm in your niryo would do step 1 to 3 then waits the signal then execute lasts orders.

2) If you need to be connected to a computer and you can get something at the end of your programm you can do a lot of things, sending through USB to Arduino and do the same as my 1st idea, by being connected directly to the Raspberry pi the programm executes the next steps …

3) If you can’t do anything with software you can still try to deal with hardware, right now I am thinking about something like an endstop sensor wich is activated at a specific position (gcode last order says to go that position).

qalsalaa
    Participant

Hi thank you for your Idea, i will be thankful for every Idea of you guys, i should just look how i can connect it an order the equipment like Arduino……
    the rest of work is like a masterwork.

qalsalaa
    Participant

wish choice is better Arduino or PI?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.