Tagged: ROS multi-machine config
- RicoParticipantJuly 11, 2018 at 7:26 amPost count: 5
just to share with you my experience on driving remotely my Niryo from another machine and to avoid you from spending hours to try to find out what’s wrong with your setup ;-)
I installed a virtualbox with Xenial and ROS full-desktop as described in the Niryo FAQ ( https://github.com/NiryoRobotics/niryo_one_ros ) and on ROS wiki (link included in the previous one)
as a note I give you the tips not to forget :
* read the ROS wiki ! :-) and especially this : http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/NetworkSetup
the most important thing is that both machines need their hostname to be known by each-other => /etc/hosts
and verify it by doing a ping [other machine hostname]
* check the niryo ROS_MASTER_URI is set with current niryo hostname (eg: ROS_MASTER_URI=http://niryo-desktop:11311)
and set the one on the remote machine with the SAME : export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://niryo-desktop:11311 to tell where the ROS master is !
(I end up with putting it into my .bashrc to always have it fixed when I launche a new terminal (export ROS_MASTER_URI=http://184.108.40.206:11311
* I also put ROS_HOSTNAME=[machine hostname] on each machine , as well as ROS_IP=[machine IP@]
then I launched the ~/catkin_ws/src/niryo_one_python_api/example/rpi_example_python_api.py and TADAAA !!
hope this helps ;-)
RicoEdouard RenardKeymasterJuly 11, 2018 at 4:06 pmPost count: 239
That’s a great contribution you did here, congratulations !
I think we’ll include this tutorial in the documentation section of this website.
Thanks :)Edouard RenardKeymasterJuly 24, 2018 at 8:15 amPost count: 239
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.