Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Hello, some personal questions…

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I see that the end-effector of the manipulator can be replaced, because there are only gripper on my hand at present, so I think if I have a desired position, I can arrive correctly when using the gripper and grab an object. But if I change an electromagnet, I also want to reach the same position, I give the same position. Does the manipulator reach the same position correctly? Or do I need to give different data to reach the same position after replacing different tools? Also, I want to ask how to synchronize the replacement of different tools in MoveIt.or can someone tell me which file i can find the answer to change tools in MoveIt!

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

The end effector tools are not part of the motion planning, here is the part of the robot that is considered to be the TCP (Tool Center Point) for planning

Tools are not included in the robot model, hence not available in Moveit. As for why we chose to do that, here’s a complete discussion on GitHub 🙂

So if you change tool, yes you might need to add an offset to all commands to get to the same position.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.