Forums Niryo One How to… How to control Dynamixel XL320

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a robot arm which is not a Niryo but I really like the 3 XL320 of the Niryo, I ust bought 3 of them but I’m wondering what are the possibilities to control them? I saw there is a Niryo card but could we buy it? There is also a board from Poppy but I would like to control it from my Arduino which is also using a RAMP from a 3D printer.

I’m waiting for my XL320 but I would like to know what do I need to control and configure them from arduino.

Many thanks

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

As you guessed you’ll need an external control board to use the Dynamixel motors.

There are a few of them in the market:

– Arbotix: this one is Arduino compatible, a good match for you I guess

– USB2AX: direct USB control

– OpenCM9.04 board from Robotis (Dynamixel manufacturer)

Any of those board is a nice solution, check them all out to see which one best fits your application.

On our side, the Raspberry Pi shield was built so we can communicate with Dynamixel motors. But it’s definitely not the best tool if you just want to communicate with a Dxl bus. Also, note that we don’t sell separate parts, the least you can order is a minimum kit with all Niryo One custom parts.

louis51
    Participant

Hi Edouard, many thanks for your answer which is useful for me.

I’m glad you spoke about Arbotix which I didn’t know before.
    Before ordering I’m gonna try to control the XL 320 only with the arduino since it seems possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.