initial questions about Niryo One Studio 2018-06-14T08:16:55+00:00

Forums Niryo One How to… initial questions about Niryo One Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Eduoard and Niryo Team,

Thank you for your feedback and support.

I have a list of a dozen questions and observations based on my initial explorations of Niryo One Studio, but I would post three that I would like advice about at your earliest convenience so that I can try combining the individual sequences in the demo that I posted as Eduoard suggested.

(1) Is there a way to add comments in the blocks tab so that I can better remember what a position or tool operation in a sequence is accomplishing? This would be especially useful when composing a longer sequence in Niryo Blocks. Otherwise it is very difficult to diagnose problems and make the whole sequence work.

(2) Is there a way to make a breakpoint in a sequence in Niryo Blocks? I’ve tried dividing “blue” blocks of commands from each other, but I’ve found that even if the blue blocks aren’t “physically” connected on the screen, the entire sequence usually gets executed when I press the “Exec Cmd” button.

(3) Is there a way to print or export (to my PC) the commands in a sequence either in their high-level representation in the Niryo Blocks screen or in XML or Python? I have confirmed specifically the copy and paste does not work in Niryo One Studio when showing XML and Python code for a given sequence on the Sequences tab. The only way that I’ve found is to take a screen shot of the screen but this is highly inconvenient for several reasons especially when the sequence has a large number of commands.

I would very much appreciate any ideas or suggestions that you could provide about the above questions.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  duck.
    Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for those remarks!

1 – A comment block will be added in the next software upgrade (V2.0 July)

2 – There is no way to make a breakpoint in the blocks. However, a workaround is to connect some digital pins on the back of the robot, and use the “Get Pin State” block to block until the digital pin switches to 0 or 1.

3 – You should be able to copy the XML and the Python code from the sequence tab (when pressing “show”), and if you click on the “edit” button, you can paste a new XML. The behavior you have is not normal, what Operating System are you working on ?

duck
    Participant

Eduoard,

Thank you for your answers to my questions.

1 – Comments will be a welcome addition in v2.0. I found a temporary solution to help organize long sequences. I’m using DO loops with repeats of 0 and 1 times to enclose individual sequences and correct minor location deviations at runtime.

2 – That’s an interesting idea and I will look into it. I also see I can break out of DO loops, so I’ll see what I can concoct to accomplish early termination of a sequence.

3 – I have confirmed the COPY and PASTE do NOT work in the SHOW pane using Niryo One Studio on Mac OS Sierra. I’m thinking that I probably need to copy the Python or XML files from the Raspberry PI either by removing the SD card or logging into it from my PC.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

2 – Also, note that in the V2.0 Niryo One Studio, you will be able to stop a sequence (for now you have to wait until the end) from the interface (with a button).

3 – Thanks for this info, we’ll look into that. Also in V2.0 there will be a functionality to directly import/export XML blocks from/to your computer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.