Forums Niryo One Programming Niryo One Is there a way to workaround the Python API response delay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I cant find the post now, but this type of question has been asked before, but I didnt get the answer I was looking for.
    At the moment I use the the python API to move the robot, however there is a delay of around 2 seconds between when the command is sent to the python API, and when the robot arm starts moving.

Do we know where in the process this delay occurs, and is there a workaround.
    i.e. if I changed to using Moveit directly would this get around the delay or would the delay still exist.

can you please advise what method would get around the delay currently experienced with the python api
    Also, when I use the Niryo One Studio, there is virtually no delay between clicking the button,and the arm moving
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Arif Saeed.
    Arif Saeed
    Participant

I have been testing this, and if i run the python API on the Niryo One, then there is no delay. Therefore it seems the delay is due to the time it takes for the message to be passed from my computer via SSH to Niryo One.

S.Imura
    Participant

Hi Arif Saeed!

As you say, you can reduce the time lag of operation by directly operating the input of Raspberry Pi without going through SSH.

What do you use any python api commands? For example, “move_joints”, “move_arm_pose”…
    They need to calcurate trajectory each time the commands executed. And they take many time (over 1 sec).
    If you need more high response, I recomennd “pre-calcuration of trajectory”.
    And Wait for the trigger while the program is running.
    But, if your goal is to change the behavior in real time, it cannot be pre-calculated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.