Joystick control2018-09-25T18:50:49+00:00

Forums Niryo One How to… Joystick control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there documentation that describes the joystick control (aside from reading joystick_interface.py?)

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi,

For now there is no specific documentation for the joystick control (aside the code itself).

Some hints that may help you: for the joystick we use the ROS joy package which is a driver package to convert the joystick input into a well formatted ROS message. The node is started inside this ROS launch file.

As I speak the joystick control only works for Xbox controllers, and to control each joint separately. We might work on that in the future to also make the robot compatible with a Playstation controller, and (not sure yet) add a mode to control the end effector position instead of just the axis.

andreas.lautenschlager@gmail.com
    Participant

Hi

Do you connect the Xbox controller via USB or Bluetooth?

Is there any setup docu?

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

For now you have to connect the Xbox controller via USB.

There is no documentation for the joystick control, but as you will see it’s very easy. In Niryo One Studio, in the “settings” tab, you have a “enable joystick” checkbox.

Plug your controller, check this box, disable learning mode, and start moving the arm 🙂

BManCan
    Participant

Which XBox controllers are compatible with the Niryo One (Xbox 360 or Xbox One)?

Is it possible to use a USB Logitech game pad?

Thanks.

FindingNiryo
    Participant

I use Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller plugged into the USB port.

http://wiki.ros.org/joy

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

We have tested with Xbox360 controller, not with other kind of controller yet.

If anyone has a different kind of joystick at home, please share your result here, thanks ! 🙂

andreas.lautenschlager@gmail.com
    Participant

I’ve an XBox one Elite controller which does not work, but I need to do some further tests. With “lsusb” I can see that the system detects a Microsoft device. I’ll need to install a test program to see what signals are being received, but I like to enable bluetooth first and connect the device via BT.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.