Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

I seem to have the same problem on one of our arms as indicated in this post:

Here are some logs I get:
    [2019-04-05 17:16:23] Missing Dynamixel motor(s) on the robot : Servo Axis 6,
    [2019-04-05 17:16:23] Scan to find Dxl motors
    [2019-04-05 17:16:24] Broadcast ping failed , result : -3002 (-3001: timeout, -3002: corrupted packet)

If I manually move the joint the position is correctly updated, the problem seems to be with the motor. What should I do to debug/fix it?
    I am not a robotic expert, but is there some way I can reprogram one of the gripper servos to replace this one?

Thank you in advance

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

This seems to be either a motor problem or a cable problem.

You can contact our technical customer support and we’ll be happy to help.

A few hints to start debugging:

– Good idea, you can try using a Gripper XL-320 instead of the axis 6 motor. This will help you see whether the issue comes from the cable or the motor. For that you’ll need to reconfigure the motor ID. You can use the dxl_debug_tools program on the Raspberry Pi 3 inside Niryo One (only connect the gripper motor for this manipulation).

– Also, check out how to debug motors one by one.

dimodimi
    Participant

Hey guys,

We swapped the axis 6 motor with a gripper motor, changed the ID and it works just fine!

Thank you for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.