My robot is getting bored and engaging in repetitive behavior2018-10-18T10:17:34+00:00

Forums Niryo One Showcase your Niryo One project My robot is getting bored and engaging in repetitive behavior

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone in the Niryo community,

I have made some videos of a demo about repeatability: to prove that the Niryo One can move the same object back and forth between two points without the object shifting on the table.

Short version [2 1/2 minutes]

Extended version [11 minutes]

As always, I would greatly appreciate your feedback, comments and suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Andrea
    Participant

Wow, that’s really promising! Thanks for showing its repeatability, I was a little bit skeptical about that.

Are you planning some sort of cooperative manipulation now?

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this video! The video setup and light are great.

Maybe you could also share the Blockly code (screenshot or xml) that you created in order to do this demo ?

Can’t wait to see the second Niryo One working with its new friend 🙂

duck
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback and encouragement, @edouard-renard.

Here are screenshots and the XML for the blockly code for this sequence.

I will be sure to keep you updated on the progress of the assembly of Katsurao’s younger brother.

Screenshots:

sequence 51 repeatability 17OCT18 C 1sequence 51 repeatability 17OCT18 C 2

XML:

sequence 51 repeatability 17OCT18 C.xml

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  duck. Reason: replaced links from Google Drive with direct URLs for images and XML code
    duck
    Participant

@edouard-renard,

Thank you for your continuing support.

I suppose I should post the screenshot images and XML code on a server where I can use the image file names (instead of google drive which provides non-content-indicating links) so that I can directly embed them in a message on the forums.

Is there a way to embed XML inside a message on the forums? I tried pasting the XML code directly in the “Text” and “Visual” tabs on a post, but it is not rendered correctly.

I would appreciate any advice that you might have about this so that I can post code more easily on these forums in the future.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the Blockly code!

Yes, if you want to embed images directly you’ll have to host them first. But I just found out that you can do that with Google Drive as well. When visualizing the image, right click -> view image, and you get the URL. Then, on the forum post formater, click “insert image” and paste the URL. Example below:

Second issue with text and code highlighting: unfortunately our website doesn’t handle that now for forum posts, I’ll see what I can do.

duck
    Participant

@edouard-renard,

Thank you for sharing the additional information and your experience with Google Drive. I edited my post above to embed direct image URLs from Google Drive. I also changed the URL for the XML code to the same format, but in my browser it downloads the XML code into a file.

If you have any additional ideas about how to share XML or Blockly code directly in a way that would be easier to share with others, please let me know.

For reference purposes, I found the following article useful in helping me understand how to construct the URLs from images on Google Drive so that I could embed the images: How to upload images for direct URL in Google Drive [elfsight]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.