Forums Niryo One Showcase your Niryo One project Niryo One Build thread with comments and notes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone, I have recently purchased the Niryo One Makers Kit. And I have been assembling it as time allows. I have also been documenting the build.

During this process, I have been identifying the location of each of the screw sizes and sharing any tips that I may have during the build.

I didn’t realize that Niryo had forums until just now as I was browsing the site for assembly instructions for the Gripper 2. Since I have it already documented on my Forums I am going to share a link to the build rather than attempt to recreate it here.

https://roboticshobbyist.com/t/niryo-one-3d-printed-6-axis-open-source-project/192

I have some thoughts on how I wish to use this and will be sharing them shortly, I need to spend some time with it so that I can be sure I can grasp all that is needed. If all works as planned I should be ordering a second Makers Kit so that I can have 2 arms working together (my thoughts at least).

Let me know what you think either here, there or both. Feel free to post your projects there too if you want the additional exposure. The forums are new (a couple of months), I don’t advertise other than share a link on YouTube and Thingiverse. If the forums Grow that would be awesome, but it is just a way for me to document my projects and share with others.

I am looking forward to being more active there and here as the project progresses.

roboticshobbyist
    Participant

Here is an image of the completed Niryo One.

Niryo One

duck
    Participant

@roboticshobbyist: Congrats on finishing all the hard work to build a Niryo One from the maker’s kit.

Did you end up using PLA for all the parts (in the photo, some of the black parts seem like they may have been printed in other material)?

I would love to hear more about some of the specific challenges that you faced with 3D printing and other issues.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures and sharing notes on explorations with you and others here on the forums.

roboticshobbyist
    Participant

Thank you.

Yes, all the 3D printing was done with PLA. I think the reason for the appearance is I used different cameras for the images as well as the flash was in some cases not needed.

During the assembly and printing phases, I didn’t have any real challenges.  I guess if I had to name something it would be the lack of accurate instructions with hardware counts and identifying which size screw/bolt went where.  Personally, this was not much of an issue for me, but I can certainly see it being an issue.

I was finally able to get some time to work through getting it powered up and the calibration run.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.