plastic shavings under shoulder and motor for joint 2 2018-06-13T05:08:36+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting plastic shavings under shoulder and motor for joint 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Niryo team and community,

After working out the basic demo working that I posted in the “Showcase” forum, I’m finding some black plastic shavings (see photo) on the shoulder under the motor and belt for joint 2. The shavings are also ending up on one of the top corners of the base. I have circled the two areas in the photograph where I am seeing shavings appear.

I’m presuming that the shavings are falling from the motor and belt for joint 2; they don’t appear to be falling on the table around the base or any of the other corners of the base, but this may be due to the location of the arm during this demo and its position when the arm is raised and lowered.

The photograph shows the extent of the shavings accumulated after running through the entire demo routine that is shown in the video in my Showcase post yesterday about 15-20 times and running the individual sequences of the routine an equal number of times in order to refine them.

(1) Do these shavings suggest that there might be some damage occurring to the arm bottom or other parts?

(2) Does the arm assembly need any lubrication in any locations to prevent or reduce wear? If so, what kind of lubricants are recommended and where/how should they be applied?

(3) Should I consider disassembly of the shoulder and arm base to identify the exact source of the shavings and wear?

I’ll continue to monitor this situation, but would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

• This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  duck.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  duck.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.