Forums Niryo One Programming Niryo One Programming movements using VR controller coordinates and orientation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all!

i am very interested in building my own Niryo robotic arm. I’ve been looking for a good ‘build at home’ design for a while and this project seems to have quite a nice community behind it. I am hoping someone might be able to help me with realising something I’ve been wanting to try for a while.

I have a VR controller with 2 sensors which can pretty accurately track movements in 3D space. I would like to link controller data from a program like OpenVR with the movements of the robot arm. However, being a fresh mechanical engineer, my software/programming knowledge is very very limited. I was hoping something like this could be realised without too much hassle using the Niryo. Basically the controller movements would be linked to the tool section of the robot, any change in cooridnates and orientation the VR controller will make should be performed by the tool too. The trigger of the controller would be linked with the gripper. I think this would first of all be really cool, but could also help with programming robot movements for people less experienced.

I hope someone can inform me if this is possible, thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.