Forums Niryo One How to… Proper gripper?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I want to purchase a gripper which is proper to pick up a hard and slippery objects like small billiard balls or glossy round marble stone. Gripper 2 or Gripper 3 has a appropriate means to pick up the things?

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

I think both grippers can be suited for this application. However, as there are many, many variables into the equation, I don’t know which one would be the best.

Some observations:

Gripper 2 clamps are always parallel, and it can be quite precise.

Gripper 3 won’t be precise but maybe allows you to increase the picking success rate (I’m not completely sure, needs testing). Also, if you have a container with many objects on top of each other, Gripper 3 will have a better success rate than Gripper 2.

For the slippery problem: Both grippers have anti-slip rubber. If you need better adhesion to the objects you pick, you can easily add something else on the gripper.

FindingNiryo
    Participant

Gripper 3 would provide a 3-4 point grasp which may increase the holding strength on 150 gram stones, but the gripper closes with a scissor action which may push away a glossy sphere if approaching horizontal to the ground plane. An additional consideration is that (when open) gripper 3 is over 150mm which may interfere with other stones if they are placed closely to one another.

BillyGo
    Participant

Thanks for your information.

BillyGo
    Participant

Thanks, FindingNiryo.

mariana97
    Participant

I had the same cuestion, buy first, i would like to know how i can connect the gripper to the robot
    i have locked for information but in the videos that you have publish i cant see how to do this
    Thanks!

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

To connect a gripper to the robot, you simply “clip” the gripper to the end of the robot, and then you connect the 3-wire cable. That’s it!

Now, from the user interface you have to select the gripper and you can use it (open/close)

mariana97
    Participant

Well i have cliped the gripper but i dont know where i have to connect the 3 wire

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  mariana97.
    Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Please watch this video on how to attach and use the tools.

If you have no 3-wire cables to plug between the tool and the axis 6 (this is a 2-part cable), maybe it’s a mistake from our side. In this case please contact our technical support, and we’ll send you this cable asap!

mariana97
    Participant

I already watch the video and i see again the the other videos where you assemble the robot to rule out that was my mistake, but a cant find where i can connect the gripper.
    I have a long wire that goes through the robot from the base to the wrist and i follow the tutorials to see how i have to conect it.

As the long cable separates in parts, in the wrist in this cable I only have 2 small cables that come out of it and that are connected to the two Dinamixel motors that exist in the part of the robot but I don´t have a third one that allows to connect the wrist.

this is my problem and if with this description you conclude that it was your mistake i will contact with your technical support.

Thanks for reply!

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Yes so it seems there is a missing cable in your package! (3 wire connector between Axis 6 and Tool – black, red, white)

Please contact our technical support and don’t forget to precise the number of your order so things will go faster. Our apologize for this mistake.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.