Forums Niryo One How to… Proper gripper?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I want to purchase a gripper which is proper to pick up a hard and slippery objects like small billiard balls or glossy round marble stone. Gripper 2 or Gripper 3 has a appropriate means to pick up the things?

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

I think both grippers can be suited for this application. However, as there are many, many variables into the equation, I don’t know which one would be the best.

Some observations:

Gripper 2 clamps are always parallel, and it can be quite precise.

Gripper 3 won’t be precise but maybe allows you to increase the picking success rate (I’m not completely sure, needs testing). Also, if you have a container with many objects on top of each other, Gripper 3 will have a better success rate than Gripper 2.

For the slippery problem: Both grippers have anti-slip rubber. If you need better adhesion to the objects you pick, you can easily add something else on the gripper.

FindingNiryo
    Participant

Gripper 3 would provide a 3-4 point grasp which may increase the holding strength on 150 gram stones, but the gripper closes with a scissor action which may push away a glossy sphere if approaching horizontal to the ground plane. An additional consideration is that (when open) gripper 3 is over 150mm which may interfere with other stones if they are placed closely to one another.

BillyGo
    Participant

Thanks for your information.

BillyGo
    Participant

Thanks, FindingNiryo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.