Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I just started to explore the possibilities with Niryo One and ROS.

Since there is a nice URDF for this robot, I imported it successfully in Unity.
    This is made possible by the people who made this project: https://github.com/siemens/ros-sharp

I’m now trying to figure out how to control the robot in Unity
    I thought it would be nice to share this with other people, so maybe we can share our knowledge 🙂

Yorick

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi @yorick,

Thanks for sharing this. ROS# will really add a lot of possibilities for the ROS community. (if you want similar libraries for other languages, you can check out roslibjs, rosjava, and rosnodejs)

After you get some results feel free to share some photos and videos!

Anthony
    Participant

Hi @yorick!

Can you provide more explanation about importing Niryo in Unity?

I tried to follow the link you provide but it’s tricky.

Are .urdf file et .urdf.xacro file the same?

Anthony

Anthony
    Participant

I used those two link to convert xacro file into urdf file by writing command line in the niryo terminal.

http://answers.ros.org/question/10401/how-to-convert-xacro-file-to-urdf-file/

http://wiki.ros.org/urdf/Tutorials/Using%20Xacro%20to%20Clean%20Up%20a%20URDF%20File

A urdf file is created in the root.

Following the tutorial provided by Siemens, I imported Niryo in Unity.

I’m still facing an issue about importing link. Indeed, once the robot is imported, I have got a error about the creation of the link according to the console :

“No Joint Component will be created in GameObject “tool_link” as it has no Rigidbody Component.
    Please define an Inertial for Link “tool_link” in the URDF file to create a Rigidbody Component.”

In order to face this issue I have to master Urdf file…

@Edouart do you have an idea about defining inertial for links in the urdf file of Niryo?

Thks for helping!

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

I don’t know about using URDF in Unity, bu by googling the error log I found this issue on GitHub, which seems to be related to your issue.

It seems that this log is not an error but simply a warning that you can ignore. Please check out the issue on Github, this might help you solve other problems as well.

The log says the “tool_link” has no rigid body, because if you look at the xacro file, we didn’t define any visual property for this link. This link is only here so we can have a TCP (Tool Center Point) where the tool is placed.

If you want to totally remove this warning you can simply add a small visual tag inside the tool_link ( for example a thin box, tuto here)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.