Forums Niryo One Programming Niryo One startup services "niryo_one_ros-start" and "niryo_one_ros-stop"

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking for the source code of both executables /usr/sbin/niryo_one_ros-start and /usr/sbin/niryo_one_ros-stop in order to understand the initialisation and startup process.

Indeed, I would like to add new features at startup so I want to fully understand how niryo one is launching ros stack.

Thanks

cducatez
    Keymaster

Hi,

Those 2 scripts are 2 shell scripts (you can edit them) generated by a ROS package that just do the setup for starting ROS service at boot up.
    You can find the ‘install’ script under “niryo_one_bringup/scripts/” in the niryo_one_ros folder, it just registers the global launch file (niryo_one_bringup/rpi_setup.launch) to be started at boot up for now.

To add something you got several options:
    – You want to add a new ROS service at startup, add your service in the install script and execute it (http://docs.ros.org/jade/api/robot_upstart/html/)
    – You want to add features that aren’t related to ROS, you can launch your script/binary at the end of niryo_one_ros-start script. (This script will be overwrite again if you execute the niryo_one_bringup/scripts/install so never execute )

Let me know if you need further explanation.
    Best regards,
    Corentin

farmange
    Participant

Many thanks cducatez.
    I did not realize it was scripts…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.