Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting Upgrading Niryo from Version 1 to Version 2 / Replacing Parts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I ordered a Niryo-Bot during the Kickstarter campaign. I always had trouble with auto-calibrating the fourth joint. Meanwhile in Version 2 the stepper motor for the fourth joint of Version 1 has been replaced by a dynamixel motor. I would like to upgrade my early Niryo to the actual version. Can you please point out what I have to do for this upgrade? I suppose that in addition to replacing the motors (and wires) for the fourth and fifth joint some arm components have to be replaced/re-printed as well. So where can I buy the neccessary hardware (I cannot find single motors, wires or “upgrade packages” in your shop) and what exactly has to be replaced?

Thanks
    JD

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Hi JD,

Unfortunately we don’t offer an upgrade between the hardware V1 (before September 2018) and the hardware V2 (from September 2018)

Those 2 versions are (physically) two different products. To switch from V1 to V2 you’d have to change some motors + all the wires + the dimensions of many 3D printed parts + the electronic boards in the drawer. So, at the end you’d have to change almost 70% of the robot.

What we did to support the difference is to make all software versions retro-compatible, so your robot can still evolve the same way.

If you have some issues with your robot, feel free to contact our technical support!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.