V2.1.0 Update2018-11-24T09:55:33+00:00

Forums Niryo One Troubleshooting V2.1.0 Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I noticed that v2.1.0 for Niryo One Studio and Raspberry Pi3 image were available for download.

The Niryo One studio update worked for me, but I have been unable to get the RPi v2.1.0 image to boot. I downloaded and extracted the image file, and then used Etcher to write the image to the SD card. When I install the SD card into the Niryo One and power up the robot, it just remains with the red light (no blue or green light or fan startup). I have tried creating the image also on my Windows PC but had the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

We currently have an error with this image and are working on it.

The problem is that the image from the SD card boots on emergency mode.

Here’s a quick workaround to make it work (until we upload a new image) : after about one minute, plug a keyboard to the Raspberry Pi 3B and press “CTRL + D”. This will continue the boot process and everything will work fine. (Note: until the image is fixed you have to do that for each boot)

duck
    Participant

@BCanMan

You are a brave soul for forging ahead with the latest and greatest. I’m still trying to get my feet on the ground with v2.0.0!

@Edouard_Renard: Is there a description somewhere on Github or elsewhere about the changes included in the v2.1 update?

BManCan
    Participant

Thanks for the update Edouard.  Let me know if you require anyone to install / test the new image file.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

We have just uploaded a new image (still 2.1.0) that should work now.

Let me know if you still experience any issues with this new image.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

And here’s the update log 🙂

BManCan
    Participant

The new v2.1.0 image for the Pi installed properly and is working nicely with the updated Niryo One Studio. Thanks for the update.

Any tips for backing up saved robot positions and sequences so that they can be used again following an update to the Raspberry Pi image? I noticed the import/export option for sequences, but did not see a way to export saved positions.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  BManCan.
    duck
    Participant

@edouard-renard: Thank you for posting the detail of the changes included in v2.1.

@BCanMan: The easiest way that I found to do this is to ‘ssh’ into the RPI before replacing the SSD card and download all the sequences to a PC, then ‘ssh’ again into the RPI after replacing the SSD card and upload them to the same directory. The directory is pretty easy to find. Just make sure you put them in the directory of the same name (sorry I can’t remember the directory name off the top of my head). As long as you don’t overwrite a sequence with the exact same name, Niryo One Studio just shows and accesses the sequences in this directory.

BManCan
    Participant

@duck: Thanks for the help on backing up sequences. My SSH skills are fairly novice so I ended up downloading CyberDuck which allows for visual SFTP file transfers. Worked like a charm.

Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

Great. Thanks for the tip!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.