Vision Implementation2018-10-11T00:24:55+00:00

Forums Niryo One Programming Niryo One Vision Implementation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recall that the Kickstarter project had a stretch target that included implementation of a vision system through the raspberry pi. Has there been any recent information available on this extra functionality?

I have the Niryo One on order and expect it will be arriving this week. Very excited about this. Have already purchased a couple extra Dynamixel XL320 servos, Grove Electromagent and 3D printed the parts for Gripper 2 / 3 and EM.

I have spent some time looking into the available programming / interfacing options and would like to try a vision detection system using my NI myRIO and Labview.  Labview has some great tools for object, shape, and colour detection, as well as position detection.

What would be the options for communicating between the NI myRIO using Labview, and the Niryo One? I would imagine that Labview could connect through the Modbus server, or write out move commands to a file and have a Python program process the Modbus movement communication.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  BManCan.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  BManCan.
    Edouard Renard
    Keymaster

We have indeed added a camera for some of the Kickstarter rewards. You can find the camera on the Internet, the name of camera is jevois. We found this is a great small and accessible camera to use with Niryo One. As I’m writing, we haven’t finished yet the programming binding with Niryo One, but this should come for 2019. However they have a really great documentation on how to use the jevois camera, if you are ready to get your hands a little bit dirty.

To communicate with Niryo One from labview, yes you could use the Modbus/TCP server!

If you want to write a Python program into a file and execute it, then don’t bother using the Modbus server and use directly the Niryo One Python API 🙂

Also (next level), if you’re willing to learn how to use ROS, you can use the ROS multi-machines functionality.

You can also use the roslibjs (Javascript) or rosjava (Java) library to communicate directly through the ROS communication tools, without having to work on a ROS environment direclty.

I recommend you read this documentation page so you’ll get more info about everything I talked about here!

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.